The Diet Clinic's Newsletter
Garlic. This wonderful herb plant is grown for it’s underground root or bulb. Just 100g provides (in % of recommended daily allowance): 95% of vitamin B6, 18% of calcium, 52% vitamin C, 26% selenium, 33% copper, 73% manganese, and 21% iron.
The health benefits of garlic include:
• Wards of cough and colds.
• Good for cardiac health. Garlic reduces cholesterol and regulates blood pressure (high or low).
• Improves brain function.
• Improves digestion. It destroys bad bacteria and protects the good bacteria in your gut.
• Balances blood sugar.
• Boosts your immune system.
• Improves skin health.
• Garlic protects the body against lung, prostate, bladder, stomach, liver, and colon cancer.
• It protects against peptic ulcers.
• Garlic reduces infections on wounds.
• Garlic promotes hair growth, bone health and liver health.
Most of these remedies are effective only if garlic is consumed raw.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT GARLIC AND ONIONS ARE TOXIC TO CATS AND DOGS.